From Monday 20th April, the academy will use the Department for Education's National Free Meal Scheme, information on this can be found below:
GDA Free School Meals Update (PDF)
Free School Meals / E-Code / E-Card FAQs (PDF)
Free School Meals Guidebook (PPT)
For those eligible, the 16 digit e-code allowing the purchase of food to the value of £15 a week will be emailed weekly to your student academy email address, which you can access by scrolling down the homepage.
If you are a parent or carer, and receive any of the benefits below, then your child is eligible for Free School Meals:
Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 – your net income is your household income after taxes and deductions. It does not include income through Universal Credit or other benefits that you may receive
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs*
* Where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit during the four week period immediately after their employment ceases, or after they start to work less than 16 hours per week, their children are entitled to free school lunches. Children who received a qualifying benefit in their own right are also eligible to receive free school meals.
What to do next?
Click the button below to check now if you are eligible for free school meals. If your application for Free School Meals is successful, George Dixon Academy will also receive extra funding from the Government to use in support of teaching and learning (Pupil Premium).
By using this service you will receive an immediate response to your application, including an email (if you have supplied a valid email address) and a reference number for any follow up interaction. The Data Department will receive a daily email for all new eligible pupils and records will be updated accordingly. Audits are carried out regularly to check continuing eligibility and emails are sent to notify of any changing. For Parents and Carers, this offers a faster, simpler, easier and more convenient application process. It also removes the need for reapplication whilst eligibility continues.
** By clicking this link you will be leaving the George Dixon Academy website.