PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS AND LETTERS REGARDING COVID-19 (last updated Thursday 7 January 2021)
Remote Learning Entitlement
When children at the academy are required to self-isolate and work remotely, staff will upload lessons to Microsoft Teams as indicated on their individual timetable.
Daily, teaching staff will provide;
- five hours of work for students in Years 7,8,9,10 and 12.
- six and a quarter hours’ work for Year 11 and 13 as they are preparing for GCSE and GCE examinations,
As the work uploaded to Microsoft Teams mirrors the teaching being delivered in the classroom, it is important that your child completes the work so they do not have gaps in their learning.
Staff will provide weekly feedback.
We are monitoring the levels of engagement and will immediately contact families if work is not being completed.
Should your child find any of the work difficult to complete, their class teacher can be contacted via the class team at key stage 3 or their subject teams at key stage 4 or 5.
Alternatively, please contact your child’s Head of Year via the main switchboard 0121 566 6565.
- Wednesday 6th - L3 HSC Unit 4 and L3 Sport Unit 2
- Thursday 7th - L2 Music Unit 1
- Friday 8th - L3 HSC Unit 1
- Monday 11th - L3 HSC Unit 2
- Thursday 14th - L2 Hospitality and Catering Unit 1
- Friday 15th - L3 Sport Unit 1
- Monday 18th - L3 IT
- RETURNING TO SECONDARY SCHOOL: WHAT PARENTS NEED TO KNOW (26 August 2020)
- GDA FULL REOPENING RISK ASSESSMENT (6 January 2021)
- GDA Asymptomatic Testing Risk Assessment (6 January 2021)
- GDA DEPARTMENTAL RISK ASSESSMENTS (16 August 2020)
- Letter to families from Birmingham City Council (7 November 2020)
- BACK TO SCHOOL TOOLKIT - West Midlands Network / Public Transport Guidance (15 September 2020)
- TRAVELING TO SECONDARY SCHOOL-
- FROM BIRMINGHAM WITH LOVE SUPPORT SERVICES SHEET (10 August 2020)
- WORDS FOR WORK VIRTUAL INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME (16 July 2020)
- NEW GUIDANCE PUBLISHED ON KEEPING CHILDREN SAFE FROM ABUSE AND HARM (30 JUNE 2020)
- SPURGEONS YOUNG CARERS LEAFLET
- TALKING TO TEENAGERS ABOUT CORONAVIRUS - A HANDOUT FOR FAMILIES
- INFORMATION ON CORONAVIRUS FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
- ADVICE FROM THE COMMUNICATION AND AUTISM TEAM
- INFORMATION ON EDUCATION PSYCHOLOGIST TELEPHONE HELPLINE FOR PARENTS AND CARERS